Terms & Conditions
- ‘The Company’ means ‘Lisa Adams Cakes’ and ‘The Client’ means any person or company contracting with the company.
- By ordering from Lisa Adams Cakes, the client agrees to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions and accept that these conditions may be modified or amended and posted on this website from time to time.
- The company’s services will be delivered under the terms and conditions set out below.
- The product is best consumed within 4 days of the booking. Buttercream cakes must be refrigerated, ganache or fondant cakes should be kept in a cool covered space.
- Our product often contains non-edible items, such as internal support structure and wires in sugar flowers. These will be detailed on the Delivery Note and must be removed before serving or eating.
- Wedding cakes can be decorated with fresh flowers, the company is happy to work with the client’s florist, but requests the florists provide the flowers to ensure floral continuity. The company can arrange/apply premade floral arrangements to the cake. The client is responsible to check the fresh flower toxicity. Some flowers are not suitable as cake decorations. Lisa Adams Cakes will not be liable for any contamination of the cake as a result of using inappropriate fresh flowers.
- Please discuss any allergies or special dietary requirements with the company before making payment.
- All Lisa Adams cakes are baked to order in an environment where gluten is heavily used, therefore, the company cannot confidently offer gluten-free cakes.
- Following discussions the company will provide you with a personal quotation.
- The quote will remain valid for 14 days.
- A booking is only secured on receipt of the non-refundable deposit.
- Should the brief alter, it may be necessary to review and re-issue the quotation.
- Alterations and amendments must be submitted via email no later than 6 weeks prior to the booked date.
- The company will endeavour to make alteration after this time, only where design and time permit.
- Alterations requested less than 6 weeks before completion may be subject to a surcharge.
- It is the client’s responsibility to check all quotes and invoices thoroughly before making payment.
- The company reserve the right to change the design at any point if circumstances beyond our control compromise the quality of the finished product, e.g. weather conditions. The client will be notified of any such changes and the company will endeavour to keep changes minimal.
- The company accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged after they have been delivered to the agreed location.
- Cakes delivered by the company to the agreed venue – the company requires a signature from the person in charge to say that the cake has arrived in perfect condition.
- Cakes collected from Lisa Adams cakes require a signature by the client (or person acting on behalf of the client) to say the cake is in perfect condition.
- Damages after this point are not the responsibility of Lisa Adams Cakes.
- All cakes are fragile and require care and attention when handling, storing, and displaying. Details pertaining to the cake are given at collection/delivery.
- The collection vehicle should have a flat surface and be clean and tidy. This is the responsibility of the client. Due to the fragile nature of the product the client (or persons acting on behalf of the client) should drive very slowly. The company suggest you place the cake on non-slip matting.
Refunds and cancellations
- Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Full payments made less than 6 weeks in advance of the delivery date are non-refundable.
- The company will not refund cancellations made less than 6 weeks from the booked date.
- Orders paid in full and cancelled with more than 6 weeks’ notice will receive a partial refund of 50% of the total amount paid, excluding deposit.
- If the company needs to cancel the client’s order, the company will try to agree a suitable alternative. If the alternative is not suitable to the client, the company will provide a full refund.
- A £100 non-refundable deposit is required to confirm a booking.
- A £100 non-refundable deposit can be made to hold the date. This allows the client to formalise their wedding aesthetics before committing to a cake design. In such case, the wedding cake design, must be agreed a minimum of 6 weeks ahead of the booking date.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before the booking date.
- Orders placed less than 6 weeks in advance of the booking date must be paid in full.
- Failure to complete payment 6 weeks before the booking date may result in your order being cancelled.
- By making a payment the client is accepting the Terms and Conditions as detailed in this document.
- All payments are taken via online BACS.
- The company does not accept liability and shall not be liable for non-completion of any booking or for any delays arising as a result of: strikes, riots or lock outs affecting any trade with which the company is concerned; exceptionally adverse weather conditions; loss, damage or cancellation due to fires, floods of any other cause beyond its reasonable control.
- The liability of the company in respect of all claims arising under any contract should be limited to the amounts of the price or charges payable to the company under such contracts.
- The company shall not be liable under any circumstances for any indirect cause of consequential loss or damage whatsoever to property belonging to the company, if accidentally, wilfully or negligently damaged or stolen at any event, the replacement cost is payable by the client within 7 days from the date of the event.
- Accidental damage at the event should be covered by the client’s own insurance and no claim will be accepted by the company.
Last updated: 12 September 2022